Sunday, July 28, 2013

incrementally pivoting away

ESA
How are you doing?

Jessica Amber Murray
i'm alright. i had a little cry this morning, but it passed quickly. i'll probably take the bus home...the funeral is on wednesday... i was expecting a wire transfer from my step mother a few days ago, but it didn't go through because she couldn't leave the room while he was dying. everything revolved around that transfer. i'm not certain it's coming anymore. so i'm stressing about that a bit. but i'm emotionally stable. i mean, this has been two years coming. i've had a lot of time to cope. it was just watching him go through the process of actually dying that i wanted to avoid. it might hit me harder later, but right now i'm really more glad it's over for everybody - especially him. he was always very stoic, but the last few months were terrible for him.

i was hoping to get a room by noon and start calling people, but i need the transfer to cover it. i sent a lot of emails out last night and didn't get anything back except 'rented'. it's getting late, though, so i'm going to hit the pay phones....

ESA
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

so you're still in Windsor? When is the bus ?

I'll see I I can find you money or something

Jessica Amber Murray
you *are* turning into your mother - yes i'm in windsor!! i'd catch the bus out probably tuesday night, maybe wednesday morning. i'll find a way to scrobble something together, don't worry about it....it'll be either my stepmother or my grandmother at the last minute...

ESA
WOAH

I AM A MOM.

It didn't click in until right now.

Jessica Amber Murray
lols. i think you can settle for worried friend :P. i'll be in windsor until i bus out, though, k? i'll be in ottawa for wednesday at the latest. and i'm leaving with a place, too. in fact, i already have one. i just have to get him a check. i'm pretty sure i have two, even. i'm just looking to see if i can find something better... all is well.

ESA
If I can't take Leroy, do you want him for a bit? I'l buy kitty pheromones

I found a room, I think with some artist/photographer lady. she seems kewl.

It would be until I find a permanent place for him. I'll pay for food and litter and stuff

Jessica Amber Murray
actually, i kind of wanted to have a talk with you about crashing with leroy. i've seen what leroy is capable of. i think it depends on the place. i don't mind cats in general, but leroy has some glandular problems and some anger management issues and i'm not really comfortable with dealing with that. with the one on high street, i think he could be an outside cat for a few weeks. i could put some food out for him. if he wants to chill, we can play in the yard. in the house? not so keen on that. for the one on marion (which is the one i really want), it's a little less safe for him to be outside, i think. there's a yard in the back, but i suspect he'd escape. maybe the change of scenery will modify his behaviour. in all honesty, though, i'd prefer you find another person to watch him for a bit.

ESA
I think he needs to be outside. he has so much energy. He's been great for the last 2 weeks though. ever since i got rid of that couch.

Jessica Amber Murray
hrmmn. well, i'm not going to make a decision that's going to result in you losing your cat. can you brainstorm other ideas, though?

ESA
somebody else in Windsor. They haven't emailed me back, but it seems like its a ground floor house...

I meant, the place with the room is a ground floor house.

If they don't want him, then maybe he can live with illuminous? But I don't know what his plans are

Jessica Amber Murray
ok, i like being the backup plan for leroy better :)

ESA
kk :)

Jessica Amber Murray
i also just want to reiterate that if you're just looking to crash for a few weeks and then find something else then i'm perfectly comfortable with you crashing with me. not pressuring, just pointing out that you don't *have* to pay that temporary rent (although i suppose it was smart to plan around me, considering my payment plan is in a questionable state)

i think illuminous mentioned that if he doesn't hear back from one of the places that an application was filled out for then he's going to stay in ottawa. that being said, i think he was kind of basing his decision on living with at least one of us. and guess it's down to etan at this point.

ESA
Yeah. I just don't want to deal with the pressure of dealing with them. If illuminous wants a roommate, then he should find one, and not rely on me to figure it out. Maybe he can contact etan.

I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about it. Or the next day. Need a few to figure my own shit out

Jessica Amber Murray
k. sorry to be apprehensive about leroy, but if you need me to do anything else down here in the next day or two or the next upcoming weeks i probably can.

ESA
No probs. I got everything under control. Also, you can use all my stuff if u want......shower curtain, dishes etc. I dont want to pay for a storage container

Jessica Amber Murray
i should have a ton of that stuff, but i don't mind hanging on to it. i should have a little bit of temporary storage space. not a whole lot, though.

ESA
Oh oknever mind then. I just thought u might need it.

Jessica Amber Murray
i've still got dishes and most other things of the nature from my last place. they're in my dad's garage. like, i'm going to need a big van to move. and a shower curtain is $5.

ESA
Lol my shower curtain waa fifty

Jessica Amber Murray
is it made of out of print vinyl? wow....

ESA
Well its a cloth one which was 35 and the liner was 7

Its very beautiful

God im bourgie

Jessica Amber Murray
aaaah. well, maybe i *will* take your shmancy shower curtain, then!

ESA
Ok but ill want it back. It was sort of an investment for my future.

Jessica Amber Murray
you should put it in a lock box, the value of cloth grows exponentially over time.

ESA
Hahahjaha