Sunday, July 28, 2013

can you identify somebody being blackout drunk solely via text message?

Jessica Amber Murray
i have a favour to ask. i'll understand if it's impossible, but i'm getting sort of desperate. i came down to windsor looking for a place to stay. the rent down here is very cheap. i've got two offers out for two bedrooms - one is $600 + hydro and is the entire top floor of a house, the other is $650 all inclusive and is a basement apartment that is bigger than any basement i've ever lived in. both would run over $1300 in ottawa. it's literally half price. now, i went down here expecting the following things: 1) that my stepmother would wire me around $400 on or around july 26th. 2) that i would get a lease signed near the end of july. 3) that i could take the lease to odsp, which would upgrade me to the full $1025 rental + basic needs amount. 4) that i would be eligible for some kind of first-and-last rent helper program. i don't know what exists in windsor, but such things do exist in ottawa. it's obviously not possible to place first & last down from a single odsp check, and it's not reasonable to expect any savings from an income that is 60% of the minimum wage. 5) that the $400 + $1025 + helper money would be enough to get first and last down and eat for the month (although not much more). 6) that my dad would still be alive when i got home. what's actually happened is that everybody wants first and last before the first. i didn't think it would the biggest problem. i had a talk with dad and the stepmother last week, where she promised him that she'd take care of me by wiring me some money when i needed it. it was a direct "bob, i promise" sort of thing. she initially offered to give me $2000 cash on the spot, but i was a little skeptical about taking that much at once for a number of reasons. i thought it would be a better idea to wire me small amounts at once. that's where the $400 amount came from. the idea, though, was that they should hold on to the cash until i needed it for something. at the moment, i need it for something, but she's refusing to even wire me the $400. she claims she doesn't have any money, which is of course bullshit. to begin with, she had $2000 to give me last week. it's not a leap of logic to deduce that she just doesn't want to wire me any money. that was a promise to her husband, made on his death bed, and broken in less than 12 hours after his death. i don't know how this is going to work out, but i'm beyond livid. i'm sitting alone in a tim horton's in windsor, and she just doesn't give a fuck. i'm not above suing her and dragging it out as long as possible. i'd probably even take pleasure from seeing her completely ruined and penniless. the hate is hard to quantify. i've been sending out emails to nana all afternoon, with the hope that she'll read them when she gets home from the cottage. i'm not sure that she will. further, i'm not confident that she's going to be able to figure out how to wire it over the internet. i've sent her directions, but she's just so horrible with computers... i asked the stepmother for the $2000 she initially offered me. i asked nana for $1500 to cover first/last rent, a hostel for the night (i can claim this through odsp living expenses) and a ticket home (i didn't want to miss the funeral...but it's been pushed back to thursday, so i should be able to hitch it if i have to, now). i'm going to ask you for just the $1300 for the rent. as for paying it back, i can get $650 back to you immediately on the first of august (out of the 1025...i need to eat...), plus whatever the city gives me tomorrow (i'm thinking it's probably around $500). on top of that, i do expect some money from the stepmother soon, so if the city gives less i can pay it back from there. i know it's a big chunk. and i need it wired here by tomorrow morning. if this is impossible, i understand. if it's not, it might be my last chance to not go home without a place here. (if i do go home without a place, i'd come back for september. there's no possible way i'm paying ottawa prices anymore, not after i've seen the prices down here.)

it could in theory be wired immediately over the internet, and i can help you do that. you'd really just have to set up an internet banking account with your bank.

mom
Yes...I can give your money....

Only thing is ...I can only give in cash.

No.. I am not willing to set up with an internet dumb site!

You have to come to my house and see me in person...

You don't have to pay anything back...It is my gift to you...

Jessica Amber Murray
ok. i appreciate the gift, but that won't work. i need to get the downpayment down before i leave windsor. also, i promise we'll go for lunch before i leave. and, yes you can come visit. i was even thinking of maybe asking you to drive the moving van down (i'd pay for it). is your license still suspended? i wonder if i could get my sister to go pick it up and wire the cash. are you in vanier?

mom
Yes.. I am in Vanier. And Yes...My license is valid...

Jessica Amber Murray
if i asked my sister to go pick it up and then set up an internet account (she probably already has one) and then wire it to me would you be ok with that? it's just that the whole point is getting the place. if i go home and get the cash, i'm going to lose the place; if i come back in a few weeks, i probably won't need the cash anymore. and i'll pay you back. i promise that. possibly immediately when i get home (depending on how the odsp thing works out).

mom
Well.. My Love...You wouldn't have to worry about paying me back....Is your sister in town? She would have to pick up my cash then??

Jessica Amber Murray
as far as i know, she's with my stepmother right now. of course, i'll have to ask her. what i need is it wired. if you don't want to wire it, maybe she'll wire it. i mean, i'm in windsor, i can't come get it...

mom
I am immoblized(sp?) right now!.....I can give it to her..If she wants to come here and pick it up??

Jessica Amber Murray
yup, that's what i'm going to ask. it's after 7:00, though, so she wouldn't be able to deposit the money right away. she could maybe come pick it up tomorrow if you'd rather. or maybe she'll just lend it to me herself.

mom
Whatever... I am good for it!

Jessica Amber Murray
ok, i'm sending her an email right now.

mom
K

Ok...How Much?