Saturday, November 20, 2021

there is no question in my mind that genesis, specifically, was a massive and often underlooked influence on the likes of joy division, early puppy, psychic tv, etc. i don't see how skinny puppy could have existed without genesis.

but, punk happened for a very good reason, and i'm staunchly ideologically aligned with it's critique of prog, and i come solely from the punk moment, in reaction to progressive music.

while i like to make my tunes dynamic and sonically interesting, you'll never see me collapse into a stupid guitar or keyboard solo and you'll never see me push bloated, pretentious or overdone ideas rooted in fairy tales or classical motifs.

my music is thematically working class; it is not intended for rich arts students, or other members of the elite.