Sunday, September 26, 2021

so, i'm going to lose the whole weekend. that's fine for just right now, the problem is the inability to stay awake, and if i can get my hormones under control, that should resolve.

i'm feeling better, certainly. 

next up is the write up for the alter-realty and this is actually going to be a bit of a heavy post. i spent all of the time reading up on robots because i was in the hospital suffering from a concussion!

this is a true story: my alcoholic & pregnant mother threw me out of the house at the age of eight so she could drink & smoke without me tattling on her to my stepfather. see i was smart enough to know that beer and cigarettes hurt babies, and she actually even knew i was smart enough. so, i was ordered to go platy outside away from the house. like, away from the house away from the house - she sat at the door and yelled at me to go further down the street, and then sat on the street and kept yelling.

i didn't have an actual friend in my age group in the world, so i went for a walk looking for kids to talk to.

i found some older kids and tagged along with them, before i found myself in a clearing in the forest, and one of them thought it was funny to push me off a "cliff" (it was more like a hill, but there was about a ten foot drop), and i smashed my head on a large rock.

they ran off. i had no idea who they were or where they lived.

so, i stumbled what was about a twenty minute walk home and tried to come inside, where i was met by my shitfaced & pregnant mother, who demanded i leave the house. she had probably chugged a 40 of vodka in an attempt to get insta-drunk, because i couldn't have explained to her that the house was on fire. and, yes - i was aware she was drinking. it was a friday night, and tony was gone for the weekend. my dad was about to pick me up for the weekend. so, i guess she had decided to start early.

as it was, i was bleeding and barely able to stay awake. i did not know enough to stay alert, either. i knew my dad was going to be there within a few hours, so i decided i'd try to nap on the steps. but, my mom came out and shooed me off the steps in a drunken, pregnant mess - and in fact in an angry, belligerent and borderline violent one.

i ran around the back, or at least i tried to. in fact, i could barely walk and i failed a couple of times, before making it into a little back yard and hiding behind some large plants. thankfully, my mom had the blinds closed, or she would have chased me out of there, too.

and, i sat down and went to sleep - because i didn't know any better.

my dad found me back there and, realizing i was unresponsive, took me to emergency. when they woke me up - using drugs, to stop me from passing into a coma - i didn't know where i was, what my name was..

nana was at the hospital. even tony was there. nobody knew where my mom was for days. in hindsight, she was probably passed out somewhere on heroin.

so, i'm going to have to retell that from a first person perspective, as i explain why i'm roboting through the asimov.