Thursday, March 29, 2018

my lease here is until december.

i'm starting to realize that i'm going to have to move if i want to maintain my mental health.

this place is going to drive me insane.

it's a shame; the problem isn't the building, it's the tenants. i like the location...

i'm going to have problems with smokers regardless of where i move, this is true. but i probably have the most disgusting person in the city below me. it's just constant - this person is chain-smoking 24/7. and, i have no serious legal options available to me to stand up for myself.

i don't want to be the person that dedicates my life to winning tenants rights for non-smokers. i have better things to do.

so, i'm going to file a smoke complaint with the intent of getting the board to cancel the lease and have the property manager pay my moving costs out. the landlord is really correct when she says that she can't do anything. but, that means that she should be liable to help me move, then.

if i file a smoke complaint, the landlord is required to make a good faith effort to address it. but, if she's telling me right off the bat that there is no solution to this, then that good faith effort should be interpreted as a way to help me move.

she should have told me that there were smokers in the building and that the place is uninhabitable for non-smokers.