Thursday, January 16, 2014

re: jessica murray's Music & HypedSound

From: Jonathan Jaeger <hypedsoundteam@gmail.com>
To: Jessica Murray <death.to.koalas@gmail.com>

Hi Jessica, I appreciate your thorough response, and I recognize that perhaps we aren't providing the niche or style of website you'd like. That's perfectly respectable. I did listen to several of your tracks. I find that kind of experimental music interesting. Typically I listen to a lot of ambient, electronic, and jazz music, so this isn't necessarily in my wheelhouse, but I appreciate the different textures and sound effects. I came across your Bandcamp on the Curious George track.

My meaning behind the website is not to follow a "trend" per se, it's too offer convenience for those with so many different places they have different media of different formats. While the artist might like to have many different platforms, if they want to give someone a taste of all their creative works, it's hard to do that with just a SoundCloud, just a Bandcamp, or just a YouTube or Instagram. Sometimes artists send me 10 different links to check out, and I imagine they are making it harder for potential listeners to check them out (sometimes too many different links/platforms leads to indecision or apathy).

I'm hoping to tailor the experience in such a way that the content speaks for itself, rather than a cluttered site with ads or too many features. The key is to show someone's creativity without losing focus. While I'm trying to create value in that way, I still understand if it's not your type of thing, and I appreciate what you're doing with your music.

Cheers,
Jonathan